cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mark IV - Main Dial not working to adjust aperture and other setting

Itsmedavidv
Apprentice
The main dial on my Canon 5D Mark IV is not working to make adjustments while in any of the modes. I can hit the quick (Q) button and make adjustments or use it in settings other than went in in a shooting mode. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

Ray-uk
Whiz

Make sure you haven't got the on/off switch in the lock position.

Which "main dial" are you talking about? The main dial can mean different things to different people, and the fix will be different.

Mike Sowsun

Itsmedavidv
Apprentice
The “main dial” near the shutter button.

Question: @Ray-uk I’m a newbie. What on/off switch are you referring to? I’m not quite sure what you mean and I’ve searched the manual for this. Thanks

@Itsmedavidv wrote:
The “main dial” near the shutter button.

Question: @Ray-uk I’m a newbie. What on/off switch are you referring to? I’m not quite sure what you mean and I’ve searched the manual for this. Thanks

He means the "Quick Control Dial" on the back which has a sliding lock switch below it. That lock switch has no effect on the main dial near the shutter button. 

98F0EA47-DB5A-4F58-8764-383CBFE2754E.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Itsmedavidv wrote:
The main dial on my Canon 5D Mark IV is not working to make adjustments while in any of the modes. I can hit the quick (Q) button and make adjustments or use it in settings other than went in in a shooting mode. Any ideas?

When the viewfinder display is active, does an "L" appear whenever you try to use it?  If so, the problem is the lock switch.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

HDDENB
Apprentice
Yes yes! Wow I can’t wait to check that in the morning!
Announcements