Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon 5D Mark III takes a few minutes to start recording

I've been having a problem with my 5D where when I start recording the red light comes on but the camera doesn't start recording until 2-3min after I hit the button. At which point, the screen shows the red dot indicating that video is recording. This is quite problematic because I'm an event shooter and I need the camera to start recording when I hit the button, not 2-3min later when the moment has passed. Also when I power the camera on and off the red light starts flashing for 2-3min before it will turn on or off. Does anyone know how to fix this or do I have to send it away to Canon? I've tried looking for info on this problem online but to no avail...
Reputable Contributor

Re: Canon 5D Mark III takes a few minutes to start recording

i would try a reset to the default settings before doing anything else. 

5D3 reset.jpg

Mike Sowsun
S110, SL1, 80D, 5D Mk III
New Contributor

Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try and see what happens.
Highlighted
VIP

@Zidy13wrote:
Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try and see what happens.

I would also recommend reformatting the memory card, which is good practice prior to a session of shooting video.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."