cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mark 4 How to convert RAW to full size jpeg

Paul333
Apprentice

When I convert RAW files to jpegs in Canon Solutions its  a  small size I want it full size.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Paul333 wrote:

When I convert RAW files to jpegs in Canon Solutions its  a  small size I want it full size.

Thank you

What program are you using?

Are you basing the size on file size or image dimensions? 

Most programs default to converting to full size, and you need to change a setting to make them convert to a smaller size.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

By full size do you mean same pixel dimensions as the RAW file?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

sarahr_7
Enthusiast

I use XnConvert to convert my RAWS to jpegs and you can choose output settings in the menu, hope this helps.

Its also free

If you are referring to the files megabytes, storage size, it will always be smaller when a RAW is converted to a jpg.  Raw has no compression and a jpg can have a great deal of compression.  The image size in inches will be the same, RAW or jpg unless you changed it.

I have never used XnConvert.  I have not even heard of it so I have no idea what it could be doing to your files.  If you want a free editor why not stick with the one provide by Canon with your camera.  It is called DPP.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Paul333 wrote:

Thank you

How are you determining the size of the JPEG files?  What does "full size jpeg" mean? 

The Canon software generates JPEGs at the same resolution as the source RAW file.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements