cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mark 111

OOP
Contributor

I have a Canon 5D Mark 111 all was working well until Friday. It just would not turn on.  I used it one day and the next just would not power up. What can I do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OOP
Contributor

Hi guys, thanks for your assistance re my 5D Mark iii.  Unfortunately it was the PCB board the was not working.  Sent it off for repairs. It's now back and like new.

@OOP wrote:

Thanks guys but none of the advice worked.  I have now return the camera to canon.  

i really do appreciate your assistance.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Take the battery out for a few days.

Thanks I will try that

@kvbarkley wrote:

Take the battery out for a few days.

It's hard to see what good that will do. That advice is usualy given as a way to run down the date/time battery, in the hope of preventing the latter from interfering with a full reset to factory settings. But the 5D3 has a removable date/time battery (p. 349 of user manual CIH-E002-003), so the effect, if any, of running it down over several days should be the same as that of simply removing it for a minute or two.

Well, now I see that that point was already made. I stopped at 8:30 to take my morning pills, and Ernie Biggs beat me to it. Great minds think alike, I guess.  Smiley Happy

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thank Guys ,

I have change that battery but still nothing.

Looks like I have to put it in for repairs.

Thanks again

OOP

Try to power it up without any memory cards, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have done that too 

OOP
Contributor

Thanks guys but none of the advice worked.  I have now return the camera to canon.  

OOP
Contributor

Hi guys, thanks for your assistance re my 5D Mark iii.  Unfortunately it was the PCB board the was not working.  Sent it off for repairs. It's now back and like new.

@OOP wrote:

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You don't want to or need to take the battery out for a few days that won't help or do anything.  But you may want to charge the battery.  You may want to insure the battery and charger are working propery.  This is of course, if you didn't drop you Mk III or take it for a swin in the meantime.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements