Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Canon 5D MKIII - autofocusing problem

Canon Service probably has a flat fee.  You will need to give it to them to find out if it fits in the flat fee range.  They are very good, way better than most companies including non-camera ones!  All companies should operate like Canon Service does.

The problem is the fee may be near what a used 60D is worth.  Benefit you will know it is right and good to go.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
New Contributor

Thank you so much. This helpe me!

New Contributor

I'm having a problem with the camera not showing the red box focusing point. Is this a toggle switch? Can anyone help me?

New Contributor

Thank you so much for this invaluable information.  We have now successfully reset my hubbys camera that had this exact problem and we thought it was a fault.  It is now working as it shouldSmiley Happy  Thank you once again.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I own a 40D (good camera), and a Canon 5DM3 (also a good camera).

Hmm: I have had some disuptive actions over time. I own an A1 too. Anyway. IF you have a Canon lense (EF/LS) I guess on the 5D3, use anything but A+. Learn to use the best camera made to date. Sorry.

For example, taking pictures of stills, it is a great simple camera.

For fast action, (NASCAR/ Sports), learn angles and MANUAL settings. Old school.

In closing, if you feel your particuliar camera has a physical problem, then work with your provider.

Dr Geno