cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 4000d eos not turning off.

Suefitz79
Apprentice
Hi

Hope someone can help me...I have a the 4000 d eos, over the past few days it has started to freeze and when I turn it off the LCD screen stays on. I have to take out the battery for it to turn off.

TIA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Before you power it up again, remove the memory card. Turn on the camera.  Turn off the camera.  If the problem still persists without a memory card, then your camera needs to be serviced.  Contact Canon Support.

If the problem goes away without a memory, obviously your memory card is suspect.  I would try a new SD card.   If you do not  have a spare SD card on hand, then you should.  I do not recommend buying a memory card on Amazon, because they seem to be flooded with counterfeit cards.

I only order cards online directly from a Canon dealer, or at a local camera dealer when I am out and about.  Never use a micro-SD card with an adapter.  The adapters make them unreliable.  Always format a new memory card in your camera, too.  I recommend name brands like Lexar or Sandisk.  I recommend the Sandisk Extreme 32GB card for that camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Before you power it up again, remove the memory card. Turn on the camera.  Turn off the camera.  If the problem still persists without a memory card, then your camera needs to be serviced.  Contact Canon Support.

If the problem goes away without a memory, obviously your memory card is suspect.  I would try a new SD card.   If you do not  have a spare SD card on hand, then you should.  I do not recommend buying a memory card on Amazon, because they seem to be flooded with counterfeit cards.

I only order cards online directly from a Canon dealer, or at a local camera dealer when I am out and about.  Never use a micro-SD card with an adapter.  The adapters make them unreliable.  Always format a new memory card in your camera, too.  I recommend name brands like Lexar or Sandisk.  I recommend the Sandisk Extreme 32GB card for that camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Suefitz79
Apprentice
Great thanks I'll try that, I did wonder whether it was the memory card, while i do have a Sandisk I am guilty of using a micro SD with adapter. In that case I'm surprised it's taken so long to do it. Thanks for your help.

Suefitz79
Apprentice
Just to say thank you seems to be all sorted, and phew just for the price of a SD card (not micro, have learnt my lesson!!) Taking it for a spin today!
Announcements