cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1v - Can't see light meter on LCD with out holding down meter button

DeanKubasek
Apprentice

I'm trying to figure out how to set my canon 1v to have the light meter on the LCD set with out having to hold down the meter button. when i hold down the button i lose sight of my F-stop and shutter which makes it not quite as useful to me. does anyone know wha my problem is? 

meter.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I'm trying to figure out how to set my canon 1v to have the light meter on the LCD set with out having to hold down the meter button.“

I am not familiar with that model of camera, but I know one thing for certain.  The metering system must be “active” for the light metering system to work.  And, the metering system is idle until you press the shutter.

Now, as to why the display changes like that when you press the shutter, I have no idea.  The camera appears to be in Manual mode, so it would be reasonable to expect to see aperture and ISO, if not in all modes.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to set my canon 1v to have the light meter on the LCD set with out having to hold down the meter button.“

I am not familiar with that model of camera, but I know one thing for certain.  The metering system must be “active” for the light metering system to work.  And, the metering system is idle until you press the shutter.

Now, as to why the display changes like that when you press the shutter, I have no idea.  The camera appears to be in Manual mode, so it would be reasonable to expect to see aperture and ISO, if not in all modes.

Okay, I’m awake now.  Your ISO should be whatever film you have loaded, BTW.  Since the camera is in the EOS family, then I do not see why would not indicate what the current aperture setting is.  I would hope it would be in the viewfinder.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Well, heres the thing. I can’t even see it when I hold down the shutter at all, inside the viewfinder everything works as expected when I hold down the shutter. I can only see it on the LCD when I hold the “meter selecting/exposure compensation ” button down. As for the iso that is something I know, to view that you hold down the iso button on this camera so it’s actually not shown on screen in the photos I have listed. What your seeing is my shutter at 1/50 and my fstop at 4.0. Thanks for the response!

Announcements