cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1DX Mk1 weirdness

heathen1
Contributor

Here's the issue I'm having with my 1dx, only recently started happening so I'm not sure it's a problem with the camera or my fat fingers have hit a lock button feature I’m not aware of?

Power on Camera, (switch is definitely on ON and not LOCK) take photo and all the buttons work.

Take 2nd Photo and Q, Menu, Play, Delete buttons no longer work, but info and AF buttons do work.

I have reset all the settings on the camera back to default, updated the firmware and it's still not working. Only way to fix it is to turn camera off and on again.

Help!!

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think your best course of action is to contact Canon U.S. Support at 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@heathen1 wrote:

Here's the issue I'm having with my 1dx, only recently started happening so I'm not sure it's a problem with the camera or my fat fingers have hit a lock button feature I’m not aware of?

Power on Camera, (switch is definitely on ON and not LOCK) take photo and all the buttons work.

Take 2nd Photo and Q, Menu, Play, Delete buttons no longer work, but info and AF buttons do work.

I have reset all the settings on the camera back to default, updated the firmware and it's still not working. Only way to fix it is to turn camera off and on again.

Help!!

Make sure you don't have bracketing, HDR, or some other feature that takes multiple photos turned on. 

Thanks!! That's something I hadn't thought of.

Shoot1 - Multiple Exposure is set to Disable

C.Fn1:Exposure Bracketing Auto Cancel is set to On

Anywhere else I should look?

Also, wouldn't this all be disabled when I factory reset the camera?

@heathen1 wrote:

Thanks!! That's something I hadn't thought of.

Shoot1 - Multiple Exposure is set to Disable

C.Fn1:Exposure Bracketing Auto Cancel is set to On

Anywhere else I should look?

Also, wouldn't this all be disabled when I factory reset the camera?

I'm not sure about the 1DX, but, I do know the 7D Mk II takes at least three separate resets to restore it to the factory defaults. One menu reset entry to clear the camera settings, another menu reset entry to clear the custom functions, and a third menu reset entry to clear custom controls. These resets are all in different submenus on the camera. So when you say you did a 'factory reset' did you do all the resets or just one?  

I did all 3 which I found

My Menu - My Menu Settings - Delete all items

C:Fn7:Clear - Clear all Custom Setttings

Setup 4 - Clear all Camera Settings

@heathen1 wrote:

I did all 3 which I found

My Menu - My Menu Settings - Delete all items

C:Fn7:Clear - Clear all Custom Setttings

Setup 4 - Clear all Camera Settings

There is at least one more.

C:Fn 5, Custom Controls, trash can for default set.

Page 343 of the manual.

Ok that's been done along with Setup 4 - Custom Shooting Mode (c1-c3) - Clear settings. (not sure if this is cleared by Clear all Camera Settings or not!)

Camera behavior is still the same though Smiley Indifferent

@heathen1 wrote:

Ok that's been done along with Setup 4 - Custom Shooting Mode (c1-c3) - Clear settings. (not sure if this is cleared by Clear all Camera Settings or not!)

Camera behavior is still the same though Smiley Indifferent

Sorry I couldn't help, I'm out of suggestions

Your help is much appreciated, means now I can go to CPS with reasonable confidence that there's a fault with the camera.

Announcements