cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1DX Ethernet

photocanon8
Apprentice

Hello there, I have an MIFI (mobile internet with ethernet output connection). Model: Huawei WiFi Pro2 E5885LS-93A.

When I connect my 1DX to a regular internet modem with ethernet cable, it works instantanelly. 

But using my ethernet MIFI modem, always appears an Error 81 and not possible to connect. 

Any idea? 

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Your MIFI may be expecting the device connected to its ethernet port to be either a connection to an internet provider or a device connected to the an internet server via it but it may not work like a typical router providing its own interconnected ethernet network.  If you are trying to use your camera set up to transfer via EOS utility, you might instead try setting it up with the 1DX acting as a server via using WFT mode (but via wired) instead of EOS utility. 

I connect my 1DX series cameras into the second gigabit port on my HP Z820 but they also work fine when connected via the ethernet ports on my router but it is more of a general purpose device than your MIFI device which is likely configured for a limited number of specific applications.

Download the separate network connections manual for the 1DX if you haven't already.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@photocanon8 wrote:

Hello there, I have an MIFI (mobile internet with ethernet output connection). Model: Huawei WiFi Pro2 E5885LS-93A.

When I connect my 1DX to a regular internet modem with ethernet cable, it works instantanelly. 

But using my ethernet MIFI modem, always appears an Error 81 and not possible to connect. 

Any idea? 

Cheers!

The obvious guess is that in the case that works, the client (probably the 1DX) and the access point (probably the "regular internet modem") are on the same page relative to the WiFi protocol and associated security codes, if any, that are being used, and that in the case that doesn't work (where, presumably, the MIFI modem is the access point), they aren't. The solution, if there is one, would be to configure the 1DX to conform to the MIFI modem's requirements. Whether I'm right or not, if you don't know what I'm talking about, you probably need to do some further reading of the relevant manuals.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements