cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1DC SERIOUS problems

LukeHuxham
Apprentice

Hey guys,

Baically I own a Canon 1DC, I live in Japan and my camera has been repaired my Canon 4-6+ times already. It has been fixed then given back to me with no explination of what is wrong because they simply do no know. Canon have seemed to replace every part or close to but still after 4-6 months of use it breaks again.

When recording in 4K mode the image gets torn, it gets cut in half sometimes and also changes colours. This happens across mulitple CF cards so it can't be related to memory buffer not being fast enough etc because I have tested on two different cards. This camera has been in and out of Canon for the past 2-3 years and yet they're still to fix it completely, simply put I want a replacement camera but have no idea how to get it from them.

Any suggestions?

Below are some screenshots taken from some 4K 24fps footage I recorded yesterday. As you can see half the screen is either greenish blue, red, teared in half, or white sometimes black as well.

Luke.H

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

b1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Does the camera show similar problems when used for still photography, or is it strictly a video issue? Either way, it might help if you uploaded a few still images for comparison.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

LukeHuxham
Apprentice
It's only for video, nothing to do with photo.

Vikasjoshi
Apprentice
I have faced a similar problem and realised it after completing the shoot Wat is the possibility to repair the shots/frames because it's impossible to reshoot the whole thing

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@LukeHuxham wrote:

Hey guys,

Baically I own a Canon 1DC, I live in Japan and my camera has been repaired my Canon 4-6+ times already. It has been fixed then given back to me with no explination of what is wrong because they simply do no know. Canon have seemed to replace every part or close to but still after 4-6 months of use it breaks again.

When recording in 4K mode the image gets torn, it gets cut in half sometimes and also changes colours. This happens across mulitple CF cards so it can't be related to memory buffer not being fast enough etc because I have tested on two different cards. This camera has been in and out of Canon for the past 2-3 years and yet they're still to fix it completely, simply put I want a replacement camera but have no idea how to get it from them.

Any suggestions?

Below are some screenshots taken from some 4K 24fps footage I recorded yesterday. As you can see half the screen is either greenish blue, red, teared in half, or white sometimes black as well.

Luke.H

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

b1.jpg

Sounds and like a software issue to me. What program are you using?

How does software affect the data on the CF cards before it even goes into any editing program. Seriously this isn't a,b,c play school, probable causes such as cards and software were ruled out well and truly before this mission to repair the 1DC took place.

Canon ended up taking my 1DC in one more time and replacing every single component inside, it was fixed.

Announcements