cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1D MKiii

ABBOTALE
Contributor

The camera blanks out at shutter speeds above 1/200sec below that its fine a bit of editing needed dont get any error codes and shutter has a count of 9191

5 REPLIES 5

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I am not exactly sure what you mean by blanks out.  Are you just getting a black image/no exposure?  What is the bit of editing required below that speed?

Post images of what you are experiencing and that will help.  

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

If i take a shot above3W6Q9511.JPG1/200sec i get this if i enhance 100% i get this No image recorded . If i go down to 1/160sec f/16 28mm i get this image Then if i enhance 100% its ok i dont get any error codes?3W6Q9485 (2).JPG3W6Q9485.JPG3W6Q9511 (3).JPG

I really don't understand what you are talking about but it sounds like your Mk III is done.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I agree with Ernie that your Mkiii has a serious issue that Canon may deem uneconomical to repair if the parts are even available.

I am trying to follow the narrative and the images and I am not sure what mode you are shooting in or what 100% "enhancement" is being applied but if I am interpreting this correctly it looks like the pre-enhancement image was seriously under-exposed and the no image example is basically so underexposed that it is just noise.

What ISO is the camera choosing during this sequence?  Try setting ISO to 100, Tv mode, 1/250 shutter speed and take a picture in good outside lighting letting the camera choose the aperture and see what you get.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ABBOTALE wrote:

The camera blanks out at shutter speeds above 1/200sec below that its fine a bit of editing needed dont get any error codes and shutter has a count of 9191

If a camera reset does not clear it, then the camera could be done.  I find that shutter speed to be rather curious, though.  Is there anything sitting on the flash shoe?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements