cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1000D : ERR 01 message with 70-300 lens

rocket9244
Contributor

I got a different lens for my camera and on some settings, (usually full auto mode)  I get an "err 01" communications between the camera and lens is faulty, clean the lens contacts",

but other shots / settings it works perfect. camera is Canon 1000d and lens is QUANTARAY for Canon 70-300MM 1:4-5.6 LDO Macro. what could be issue, could the camera cant handle some settings and or vice versa? heres a moon shot on manual, iso auto and macro @ 300.

moon1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The 75-300 is an okay lens but the best Canon telephoto zoom lens for your camera right now is the 55-250mm IS or the 55-250mm IS II or the 55-250mm STM.

These lenses are better because the Image Stabilization really helps keep the image sharp with slow shutter speeds and they also have better optics. 

You should be able to get a 55-250mm IS for about $100-$125.  ebay 55-250mm IS

Here are a bunch of "buy-it-now" for about $100 plus shipping:  ebay 55-250 IS "Buy-It-Now" 

_55-250.jpg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Yes, it is because it is a 3rd party (no-Canon) lens from the film era that just happens to not be compatible with the newer Canon Digital cameras.  

Not all film eras lenses have this problem and sometimes the manufacturer could "re-chip" the lens to make it work properly again. 

Mike Sowsun

heathtaylor
Apprentice

Over the weekend, I was shooting with my 6D at an airshow.  The camera gave me the same error using my 70-200 2.8L lens.  It also happened when I was shooting continuous and several times....  Not only that, but it corrupted 2 SD cards Sandisk Extreme PRO 32GB....  I only use the best equipment and want an answer to this from Canon ASAP!!!  I had this happen a total of 4 times on Saturday....  It seems to me like a buffer is getting full and overloading the camera which is clearly a software issue....  Looking forward to an answer.....

Hi heathtaylor!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

"Over the weekend, I was shooting with my 6D at an airshow.  The camera gave me the same error using my 70-200 2.8L lens.  It also happened when I was shooting continuous and several times.... "

You have top drawer equipment so unless a failure in one or the other, I would do a quick reset of the camera back to defaults and try again.  It is probably too new to have dirty contacts but you might try cleaning them.  Gently!

"... which is clearly a software issue.... "

You do know 1000's, million's, of 6D's work without a software glitch?  Try the reset first just to make sure.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements