cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view photos on iMac to import - 6D Mark ii and R6

khoihuynh
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I used the SD card on my R6 and then on my 6D Mark ii. When I tried to import new photos taken on 6D into Lightroom, none of the new pictures taken on 6D shows up. Lightroom only shows photos taken on my R6. Weird thing is that I am sure I formated the card (old photos on my R6) before using the card on my 6D but all the old photos (taken on R6) are still there when import into Lightroom, but none of the photos taken on 6D.

How can I import the photos on taken on my 6D into Lightroom? I can view photos on my 6D just fine, it just didn't show up when trying to import into Lightroom. Is there anything that I do wrong?

Please help.

Thanks,

Khoi. 

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are these RAW or JPEG? If RAW, is your version of LightRoom up to date so that it understands the R6 RAW format?

These are all RAW files. However, one is CR2 and the other is CR3. I'm not sure if that causes the problem. Thanks.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@khoihuynh wrote:

Hi everyone,

I used the SD card on my R6 and then on my 6D Mark ii. When I tried to import new photos taken on 6D into Lightroom, none of the new pictures taken on 6D shows up. Lightroom only shows photos taken on my R6. Weird thing is that I am sure I formated the card (old photos on my R6) before using the card on my 6D but all the old photos (taken on R6) are still there when import into Lightroom, but none of the photos taken on 6D.

How can I import the photos on taken on my 6D into Lightroom? I can view photos on my 6D just fine, it just didn't show up when trying to import into Lightroom. Is there anything that I do wrong?

Please help.

Thanks,

Khoi. 

Are you copying the images onto your computer and then trying to import into LR or are you connecting the camera to the computer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I use a card reader that connected to my computer to import photos into LR.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@khoihuynh,

You are setting yourself up for complications and grief.  .CR2, .CR3

Using same card on cameras that save in different file types... Format the card in the body you intend to capture photos on.  Use separate cards. if you don't you will eventually suffer some sort of data loss.  Might not be today, but like gambling, the odds are against you. 

SD Cards are cheap. 

Simplify your life.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick. I'll buy more cards and label them differently.
Announcements