cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enter nickname in 6D

Hopmere
Apprentice

I just bought an EOS 6D and am trying to set up the wireless connection to my iPad. I get stuck when the menu asks me to enter a nickname. The cursor does not blink and none of the dials or buttons can move the cursor to any of the characters. Apparently the nickname function cannot be bypassed. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

This video may be helpful:

When you get to the nickname screen, you press the 'Q' button (just above the rear dial) to get control of the character selection box.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Hopmere!

Thanks for posting.

On the Register Nickname screen, press the [Q] button to toggle down to the virtual keyboard.  This will allow you to use the virtual keyboard to enter the desired nickname.  When it is entered, press MENU to confirm and move on to the next step.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

This video may be helpful:

When you get to the nickname screen, you press the 'Q' button (just above the rear dial) to get control of the character selection box.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Hopmere!

Thanks for posting.

On the Register Nickname screen, press the [Q] button to toggle down to the virtual keyboard.  This will allow you to use the virtual keyboard to enter the desired nickname.  When it is entered, press MENU to confirm and move on to the next step.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements