cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Turn Off AEB on R5

BillGates56
Apprentice

Hello:

I cannot turn off the AEB on my R5. When I try to use my main dial to urn off the three shots that are indicated (-1/3, 0, +1/3 ev) nothing happens. Other dials just move the ev to plus or minus exposures. Does anyone know why?

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There is a menu setting that enables/disables AEB after you capture a shot sequence.  Your camera must have it enabled.  I think the default setting is Dean led.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

I think the default setting is Dean led.

Yes, that Dean, he is usually the ringleader when problems crop up.  Smiley Very Happy

BillGates56
Apprentice
I believe it is also taking HDR images. When I try to turn that off it gives me a message that I cannot do it because of the AEB setting. I cannot turn off AEB in the usual way. Got any solutions Dean?

@BillGates56 wrote:
I believe it is also taking HDR images. When I try to turn that off it gives me a message that I cannot do it because of the AEB setting. I cannot turn off AEB in the usual way. Got any solutions Dean?

LOL.  Burnt by spell check again.  Why won't it let you turn off AEB?  ???

So, I asked Dean.  He said, "Reset the camera back to factory defaults."

LOL! I wanted to give Dean a couple Kudos but I can't find his post . . . Robot LOL

I reset to factory and it worked. This is an unfortunate option since I will now have to go back and change many settings! I hope this doesn't happen often!

@BillGates56 wrote:

I reset to factory and it worked. This is an unfortunate option since I will now have to go back and change many settings! I hope this doesn't happen often!

It clears itself, which is the factory default setting.  If it does not do that, then that mean you went into the menu settings and changed it.  You may want to explore setting up a custom shooting mode, where it does not automatically reset.  Once done, you can switch AEB on and off by simply changing shooting modes.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements