cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon EOS 80D LCD display suddenly stopped working

vikrant194
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a Cannon EOD 80D for more than 3 years now. The LCD display suddenly stopped working one day. The viewfinder/LCD toggle button seems to work fine. The camera is able to take pictures and I can see it only I have taken out the SD card and plugged it in my computer.

Has anybody experienced something like this? Is this a known problem? Wondering if I have pressed some button or the LCD display has actually gone bad.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

While the LCD display can fail, It might be a sensor.  I would suggest contacting Canon and having it serviced. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

While the LCD display can fail, It might be a sensor.  I would suggest contacting Canon and having it serviced. 

A sensor problem usually affects the picture. This is more likely a problem with the LCD or even an inadvertent setting that turned the LCD off. I think I'd start by calling Canon Support and asking for advice.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements