Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Cannon EOS 80D LCD display suddenly stopped working

Hi,

I have a Cannon EOD 80D for more than 3 years now. The LCD display suddenly stopped working one day. The viewfinder/LCD toggle button seems to work fine. The camera is able to take pictures and I can see it only I have taken out the SD card and plugged it in my computer.

Has anybody experienced something like this? Is this a known problem? Wondering if I have pressed some button or the LCD display has actually gone bad.

Thanks

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cannon EOS 80D LCD display suddenly stopped working

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

While the LCD display can fail, It might be a sensor.  I would suggest contacting Canon and having it serviced. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannon EOS 80D LCD display suddenly stopped working

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

While the LCD display can fail, It might be a sensor.  I would suggest contacting Canon and having it serviced. 

A sensor problem usually affects the picture. This is more likely a problem with the LCD or even an inadvertent setting that turned the LCD off. I think I'd start by calling Canon Support and asking for advice.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA