cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon 80D problem. Please help!

TTLexceeded
Contributor

Hello. I bought cannon 80d this summer. Well i will get right to the point. Today i visited the beach with some friends. I took some photos and after a while cannon started being weird. At first it wouldnt let me access the menu to delete some photos as sd card was full. Switched it off then back on and it worked and then after some more photos all hell broke loose. My cannon opens up only on photograph mode. On video mode screen is black. On photograph mode shutter works, AF works, (all buttons next to AF work), i can change modes, i can even move the AF dot from the viewfinder. Any other button doesnt work. Live view doesnt work, menu wont work either. (camera is not locked obviously) when i switch to video nothing happens camera still takes photos. when i switch to video and then enable camera its a black screen. Any ideas? Please help!

21 REPLIES 21

Kariya_gha
Apprentice
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! And many more Thank you. I had the exact problem and same situation with the beach was so depressed that I had to paid some to fix the issue. I just clean the “take a photo” button area and now everything works great. Thank you TTLexceeded for sharing your problem!!!!

KingSon
Apprentice
Wow!
That's great news!😄 Happy for you.
That means good news for me too, because I'm having the same problem.
Now, HOW DO YOU GET THE SHUTTER BUTTON CLEANED?"🤔
Announcements