cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can use a tripod while using a Canon Hand Strap E2?

Cunha
Rising Star

Can use a tripod while using a Canon Hand Strap E2 with my Canon 5D mark III?

Or I must remove it when using a tripod?

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

I use the older E1, which may be discontinued but is still available. The E2 may interfere with a flash bracket.

I have not tried it. doubt it will have much affect on Manfrotto quick release tripod.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks.

I guess a strap like this in meant for handheld work, primarely!?

What I would be more concerned about is how far from your hand the E2 attaches. SInce it attaches to the tripod mounting hole and not the much closer bolster. (Not on some models)

EB

5D Mark III without battery grip or any other acessory.

Well you have two choices, get the E2 or buy a battery grip and get the E1. I prefer the latter. Although much more costly, it does offer other worth while benefits.

EB

Thanks for the sugestion. I´m aware of the benefits of a battery grip but for now I need to keep it as simple and lightweight as possible. The E2 is the right choice.

I just want an extra support for handheld work without the awful neck strap that hurts my bones. If it works with a tripod, thats a bonus.

For macro works (my other type of work) with tripod, tripod head, focus rail, etc; I don´t use any strap.

Which tripod head do you use? Does it have a quick release plate? 

Another option for you is to use a quick release plate that includes a strap mount. That way you could use the E1 without a grip. You could also use the E2 strap because the tripod mount screw can be removed from the hand strap. 

"Camdapter" makes a bunch of products that may help you:  Camdapter

_1tripod4.jpg

Mike Sowsun

I´m currently between tripod heads.

Thank you for the link. Seems good stuff.

Announcements