Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Can't take sharp photos with Canon 5DS

@limvo05wrote:

Per the latest test I did the other night, it seems F8 seems to provide the sharpest image. Now, trying to figure out what is the optimal focus point for 24-70 when taking landscape? Have not had times to hit the field to test. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Use the center AF point

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Honored Contributor

@Waddizzlewrote:

@limvo05wrote:

Per the latest test I did the other night, it seems F8 seems to provide the sharpest image. Now, trying to figure out what is the optimal focus point for 24-70 when taking landscape? Have not had times to hit the field to test. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Use the center AF point

I think maybe he meant "What's the hyperfocal distance?"

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Super Contributor

You are correct. What I meant was the hyperfocal length at 24 and 70. Strangely enough, I tested a couple of DOF apps from Apple Itune, different apps with same settings yields different results. Not sure which app to trust? Thoughts? Suggestions?

VIP

@limvo05wrote:

You are correct. What I meant was the hyperfocal length at 24 and 70. Strangely enough, I tested a couple of DOF apps from Apple Itune, different apps with same settings yields different results. Not sure which app to trust? Thoughts? Suggestions?

http://www.dofmaster.com/doftable.html

This one seems to be reliable.  I frequently use it to select lenses before I leave out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."