cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get my Canon 80d to sync with my Neewer external flash set up

cadiz
Apprentice

So I recently purchased the Neewer NW-561 Flash Speedlite kit for my Canon EOS 80D camera. it seems to connect well, because everything flashes together as it should. However , when i go to the flash control settings , and then go to external flash function settings , I get a  message saying , "This menu cannot be displayed. Incompatible flash or flash's power is turned off." Also I dont see the results from the flash in my photos. Is my camera incompatible or is it a setting or something i'm missing? Can someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

This sounds like a question for Newer. If you are in TTL mode, it seems like you are getting the pre-flash, but not the main flash. Try in manual mode.

If  you really want compatibility, I would suggest you get a Canon flash.

Teeblue98
Apprentice

Im having this exact problem. Did you ever solve this?

normadel
Authority
Authority

A very quick search of this flash points out clearly that this flash does not support camera menu settings.

That is because this is a COMPLETELY MANUAL flash. It does not communicate with cameras. It only flashes!

Thanks mate but I got it working. Works perfectly with the 80d. Just has to be through viewfinder rather then the monitor. 👌 

@Teeblue98 wrote:

Thanks mate but I got it working. Works perfectly with the 80d. Just has to be through viewfinder rather then the monitor. 👌 

It will work using the rear screen LiveView display, but first you will need to go into the LiveView menu and disable LiveView “Silent Shooting” which is set by default. 

051BD29A-35CC-432F-88C5-6166F166045C.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

amazing!!!! Thanks so much mate just done that. Mike you absolute legend

Announcements