cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect my smart phone with Canon 6D wireless for EOS remote.

ToniBrides
Apprentice

Please help! Urgent!

Canon 6D wi-fi already enabled, wi-fi function set to connet to smarphone with camera access point mode and easy connetion. EOS app downloaded on my smartphone LG G2. However, when I turn on wi-fi on my phone and choose to connect to my Canon 6D after I input the encryption key, it keeps on telling me that Internet unavailable with my Canon 6D. Even though the phone detected the camera's wi-fi and says the signal is strong.

I've tried ''forget' the camera network and input new encryption key, but the same thing happens.

16 REPLIES 16

Thank you, yes

Running Android 4.4.2.  Phone connects to the camera, Camera Connect tells me to Operate the camera to establish a connection.  I press the shutter and nothing.  Really annoyed that we were forced to switch from EOS Remote - which worked PERFECTLY - to Camera Connect.  This app is worthless if it won't establish a connection.

Karensc, I agree. I haven't found a solution yet but chatted with someone that said they still use the old app. When I open the old app it won't let me use it and tells me to use the new app. I'm not sure how they got around that. They are using an iphone so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I thought my Android version 6.0.1 might not be compatible with the new app but that doesn't seem to be the case after reading your post. 

I tried download the old app. It prompts to go to the new app. I was able to back out of that pop up, but it still didn't work. Canon broke it. 😞

Just registered to thank you for this.  Was having the same problem and it was driving me crazy.  Your fix worked.  Thanks!

JimGr
Apprentice
If you are using the Google pixel phone then turn off Bluetooth if you have Wi-Fi turned on. Having both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on will not let the camera connect app see the Wi-Fi connection on the camera

kvasiliev
Apprentice
hi, I have the Google pixel 2... I've tried a number of things and the Canon connect software just doesn't connect my Eos 70D and my phone....
Announcements