cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Eos R5 with Zhiyun Crane 3 Lab

Giselle
Apprentice

Hi!!! I have the Zhiyun Crane 3 Lab since 2019. It worked fine in the beginning with the Canon 5D Mark IV and with the Canon 80D. But for several months it no longer recognizes the 5D. Now I have the EOS R5 and it doesn't recognize it either. I thought there was something wrong with the Gimbal, but it works very well with the 80D. Could it be that I have something wrong with the 5D and R5 settings or is it that the Crane 3 Lab is definitely not for the R5? 

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Looks cool... 

To be fair, maybe you should contact Zhiyun Crane Labs since you are seeking support for a product Canon didn't make.

It's up to them to tell you if their product supports or is compatible with a specific camera or product.   

https://www.zhiyun-tech.com/CRANE3LAB/en

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Giselle
Apprentice
You're right. I know it's not a Canon product and I already wrote to Zhiyun. I still have no answer. I posted here to see if anyone else had the same problems with R5 and that gimbal. Thank you very much for your answer.

Hello

Canon R5 doesent work with Crane 3 LAB. The video signal works well to transmit but it is not possible to adjust the aperture or shutter speed.

I have also emailed them (zhiyun-tech) but have not received a response. I hope there will be a software update.

The Canon EOS R works. So I do not know what is the difference in the interface between R and R5.

Maybe Canon can answer?

Regards Peter

I found out today that they (zhiyun-tech) do not intend to adapt the Crane 3 LAB for the Canon EOS R5.

Seems like many companies are developing gadgets to make customers always have to buy new all the time.

Unfortunately it is!

Have you found a solution for this, I have exactly the same

Announcements