cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect 5d mark iii to PC

kno_ho
Apprentice

Hi,

I connect the USB cable to my Canon 5d mark iii, plug into my laptop, turn on the Camera and nothing happens. I also tried with EOS Utility Launcher, but it does not find the camera.

I've been searching in the menu, but I don't find any options in regards of connectivity.

Would truly appreciate some support.

Thanks,

Miguel

8 REPLIES 8

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks John,

I'm using windows 10 pro x64

@kno_howrote:

Hi,

I connect the USB cable to my Canon 5d mark iii, plug into my laptop, turn on the Camera and nothing happens. I also tried with EOS Utility Launcher, but it does not find the camera.

I've been searching in the menu, but I don't find any options in regards of connectivity.

Would truly appreciate some support.

Thanks,

Miguel

That can happen if you're using a "power only" USB cable.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks for the answer Robert,

I'm using this cable, isn't it the right one?

IMG_7329.JPG

I'm having the same problem - never had an issue in 4 or 5 years but now after using 2 different cables and trying all 3 usb ports I can't seem to get any connection between my camera and windows 10 computer

"I can't seem to get any connection between my camera and windows 10 computer..."

Both my cameras connect to Canon Utility and LR and DPP4 without issue and I am on Windoze 10.  So, it is possible, why, are yours not, I don't know. I would reset the camera and make sure there is nothing running in the BG on Win 10. It is not good to have two competing software's going at the same time. Check to see if any wi-fi is interfering, too. Turn it off until it is eliminated as an issue.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"I'm using this cable, isn't it the right one?"

You got the correct one, free, with your camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

No, that is a power/USB cable for a DVD player. Who knows how it is connected.

Announcements