cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can canon cameras beep when pressing record?

WilsonPatel
Apprentice

I’ve recently transitioned from a Sony a7sii to a 1dx mark ii. One thing that is killing me is that when I press record on the canon, it doesn’t make a confirmation beep like the sony does. This has led to a couple shots where I thought I hit record, but must not have pressed it hard enough. I’m now checking every time that the record icon shows on the screen, but it’d be nice to have a sound confirmation since my shooting is often run and gun.

I’ve searched around but haven’t seen anything regarding this. Is it possible. In the settings somewhere?

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

So you want the camera to take time to make a beep before it starts to record? (Otherwise you will hear the beep in the recording.) I would rather have the recording start sooner.

@kvbarkley wrote:

So you want the camera to take time to make a beep before it starts to record? (Otherwise you will hear the beep in the recording.) I would rather have the recording start sooner.

In my EOS Cinema video camera that is exactly what happens.  When you start recording, the two seconds prior to you starting is captured, too.  Similarly, when you stop recording, two more seconds are captured.  Of course, this buffer time is adjustable down to zero seconds, if you want.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tim
Authority

WilsonPatel, 

There is a setting for the beeper in the menu but despite that setting, touchscreen operation sound is disabled during Live View and movie shooting.  When focus is achieved with auto focus, the focus confirmation beep will sound depending on the setting in Camera3> Beep setting.  It cannot be programmed to beep when you start recording. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements