Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I put a personal signature in my photos

Marisela
Contributor

I got a 7D camera and I would like put my signature in my photos

21 REPLIES 21

Thanks again Im tryinig to learn because Im a newbie but I would like a watermark in my pictures. I want to try free apps first then when I feel comfortable buy one, Im not decide yet which one but it look like a Lightroom is going to be the winner as you told me because Im a PC user.

Mary

As a photographer Lightroom is a great choice, it will smooth out your workflow, organize your work, and enhances your photos quickly and automatically, or allows you to customize just about anything you want.

If your only desire is to add watermarking there are hundred of free programs that can do that for you.

Thanks, can you tell me some of then please

Gimp is the king of free photo editing software.  It's similar to Photoshop in capabilities.  So it's more than capable of putting on a watermark, but it's complex too. 

If you just do a search for "watermark photo free" you'll get dozens of hits.  I saw one for a batch editor if you're looking to add your signature to all your photos.  I also saw a link on the first page of the search that said "Top 10 Free Watermarking tools".  So you can get someone elses opinion on the options.  These free tools are going to be basic editors, some might have adds or try to get you to upgrade, but if all you're looking to do is put a signature on some photos, this is the route I'd go.

Canon also gives you a bunch of software with your camera.  I never look at this stuff, but I'd expect there's some sort of photo editor in there?  Adding a watermark is a very simple operation, I'd expect just about any photo editor can do it.

And lastly: I'm not trying to steer you away from Lightroom, I think it's hands down the best program for the digital photographer to own.  But if you're not going to use it for anything other than the watermark, I'd go the free route.

Ok thanks I understand perfectly

Regards

You are certainly free to use what you wish to but all the "free" ones I have seen have strings attached. If not, they are crippled and will ask you to buy the full edition. Some require you to upload your photos to their web site first. Not my first choice!

GimpShop is open source (like Open Office) so it is mostly free as they only ask for donations which you may or not do. It is not Photo Shop however, not even close.

A person that buys a Canon 7D is usually a little more than just a snap shot shooter and you will probably end up with Light Room anyway. There are lesser photo editing programs out there but they are "lesser" programs.

I urge you to try them, try then all, and than get the "free" Light Room trial version.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks, I know that free come with many strinsg attached, my husband alway say " you got what you paid " and it is true only I was wondering which one is the best for me to use, I dont want to paid for something tha is not really good, always I do my shopping around before buy, thanks again

Thanks

Download the 30 days trial first. If you like it, you can purchase later. You won't lose your catalog.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
Announcements