cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CameraWindow mentions that no camera is found. My Mac operates onOS X Yosemite version 10.10.2.

Annette
Contributor

CameraWindow mentions that no camera is found. I installed EOS Utility.

My Mac operates onOS X Yosemite version 10.10.2.

The camera is Canon DS126291, EOS 1100D.

Canon mentions: Dit product is compatibel met het geselecteerde besturingssysteem, maar er is geen stuurprogramma vereist om het product met een computer te verbinden. 

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Annette.

Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES 8

@Annette wrote:

CameraWindow mentions that no camera is found. I installed EOS Utility.

My Mac operates onOS X Yosemite version 10.10.2.

The camera is Canon DS126291, EOS 1100D.

Canon mentions: Dit product is compatibel met het geselecteerde besturingssysteem, maar er is geen stuurprogramma vereist om het product met een computer te verbinden. 

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Annette.

Smiley Happy

My Nederlands is pretty much nonexistent, but I think it's trying to tell you that the software is compatible with the camera, but some necessary drivers are missing. In other words, you may need to upgrade your Mac OS.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi Robert,

Dit product is compatibel met het geselecteerde besturingssysteem, maar er is geen stuurprogramma vereist om het product met een computer te verbinden. 

translated: The product is compatible with the selected Operating System, but no operating program is required to connect the product with a computer.

...so it seems that no additional driver software is required. I see on the internet that people advice with this kind of problem, to set the camera's communication mode to Picture-Transfer-Protocol (PTP) mode. However, I can't find out how to do that. Does this model lack this function?

@Annette wrote:

...so it seems that no additional driver software is required. I see on the internet that people advice with this kind of problem, to set the camera's communication mode to Picture-Transfer-Protocol (PTP) mode. However, I can't find out how to do that. Does this model lack this function?

As I understand it, the cameras that didn't use PTP by default are pretty far in the past (e.g., EOS 450D and earlier). I'd be surprised if your 1100D fell into that category. And your accurate translation of the message in Dutch brings me no closer to understanding what it's trying to tell you. Maybe you're going to have to call the Canon help desk for clarification. Or if you wait a little longer, maybe someone familiar with the sequence of Mac operating systems (I'm not) will weigh in.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Did CameraWindow come with the Rebel, or with a PowerShot? Usually you use CameraWindow for PowerShots and EOS Utility for EOS rebels.

Annette
Contributor
I had a disk, but my new computer doesn't have a reader any more. I downloaded it from Canon web-site. EOS utility also doesn't see my camera. Apple website advised an SD reader and import the pictures that way.

@Annette wrote:
I had a disk, but my new computer doesn't have a reader any more. I downloaded it from Canon web-site. EOS utility also doesn't see my camera. Apple website advised an SD reader and import the pictures that way.

It would seem that with latest releases(s) of OS-X, Apple has broken one of the most basic tenets of software programming.  "Don't release new code that breaks the existing code base." 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Annette
Contributor
My camera is from around 2007.
Announcements