cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CameraWindow App not connecting to 6D

tonecj
Apprentice

Trying to connect the CameraWindow app on my iPhone 4 to a 6D without success.

I can setup the access point on the camera fine, and connect to it in the WiFi settings on my phone - but when I launch the app it just says "Connect the camera".

IMG_0884[1].PNG

Any help would be awesome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Skirball
Authority

Why are you using CameraWindow, why not EOS Remote?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Skirball
Authority

Why are you using CameraWindow, why not EOS Remote?

That will do it. EOS Remote works perfectly, thanks for the quick reply!

No worries.  Kudos for getting it up and running so quickly, I found it a little finicky at first...  but once you have everything set up it works pretty good.

Thanks

I use CameraWindow on the iPhone4s but it won't work on the iPad2 so I use EOS Remote on the iPad2. CW seems a little newer and smoother.

I have an iphone 5s and it also sees the 6d, but when I click the connect on the bottom of the phone nothing happens.  EOS remote works OK.  I thought since CW is newer it could be a better app.

I've got a 6D and an iPhone 4 with the EOS app.  Nonetheless, the phone doesn't recognize the camera.

hjcihak46,

Thank you for posting.

At what point during the connection process outlined in the Wi-Fi instruction manual that came with your camera does the connection fail?  Do you receive an error message?  If so, what is that error message?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I first downloaded the EOS app into my iPhone 4.

Then I followed all the steps for the camera (Wi-Fi on, etc.)

There were no error messages.  All I got when I booted the EOS app was that no camera was detected.

Announcements