cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera won't read memory card full of photos

Courtneylee
Apprentice

I have a Canon 6D and I have a memory card (SanDisk Extreme PLUS 32 GB). I had another photographer download the photos onto her computer. When I got the memory card back and put it in my Mac it wont detect the card. When I put the card in my camera it says "Card can no be accessed reinsert/ change the card or format card with camera". I don't want to format the card and lose all my photos. Help please!

2 REPLIES 2

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Courtneylee wrote:

I have a Canon 6D and I have a memory card (SanDisk Extreme PLUS 32 GB). I had another photographer download the photos onto her computer. When I got the memory card back and put it in my Mac it wont detect the card. When I put the card in my camera it says "Card can no be accessed reinsert/ change the card or format card with camera". I don't want to format the card and lose all my photos. Help please!

Sounds like the other person failed to properly eject the card from their computer and corrupted the card.

My advice would be to get copies fo the photos from the other person and format the card.

There are other options for recovering data from a corrupted card which include specialized software or sending the card to a professional recovery service.

This isn't the first time we've heard from a user in such a situation. The takeaway is this: After taking a card out of your camera, copy it to a computer before you let it out of your sight or do anything else with it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements