cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera won't power on

denmarks
Contributor

Hello,

I have a few 5dsrs that I use in aircraft...which vibrates a fair amount. On my last trip, one stopped powering on. I switched batteries, connected it ot an AC adapter...nothing. I was planning on sending it in for repair but it's turning on now. I'm a little concerned that if I send it in and it's working normally, the problem won't get found...though I would hope the technicians would look at it as if it was not powering up. Is this an intermittant problem others have had?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Send it to Canon and explain the problem. Either they will find something or they won't but they will check it out totally.  It is your only option if you want to be able to rely on it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@denmarks wrote:

Hello,

I have a few 5dsrs that I use in aircraft...which vibrates a fair amount. On my last trip, one stopped powering on. I switched batteries, connected it ot an AC adapter...nothing. I was planning on sending it in for repair but it's turning on now. I'm a little concerned that if I send it in and it's working normally, the problem won't get found...though I would hope the technicians would look at it as if it was not powering up. Is this an intermittant problem others have had?

Thanks.

There are sensors on the doors to the memory card and battery compartments, which can prevent cameras from powering up.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks, yes could be a malfunction in one of those sensors...I'll try opening and closing a few times and see if I can get the problem to repeat...

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Send it to Canon and explain the problem. Either they will find something or they won't but they will check it out totally.  It is your only option if you want to be able to rely on it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks, I will send it in.
Announcements