cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera connect issues

mhanabe
Apprentice
I have an EOS R. Recently, I am having issues connecting my iPhone 7 with ios13 to the camera with the camera connect app. I don’t think it is an iOS update issue. Camera can connect via Bluetooth but not through wifi
6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@mhanabe wrote:
I have an EOS R. Recently, I am having issues connecting my iPhone 7 with ios13 to the camera with the camera connect app. I don’t think it is an iOS update issue. Camera can connect via Bluetooth but not through wifi

Why do think it is not related to an iOS update?  Did it connect prior to the update?

Did you turn on your W-Fi hotspot in your phone?  Wi-Fi connections won’t work if you don’t enable it.  

What instructions are you following?  You say that it does not connect through Wi=Fi.  The Bluetooth is used to exchange data to configure the Wi-Fi.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hey there,

Yes, it may be related to the iOS update so it would be a good idea to double check the WiFi settings but also it might help to reinstall Camera Connect. The installation process will ask you to enable some access and WiFi permissions that might resolve this issue for you as well.

I was able to connect using the app even after the ios13 update. I have tried everything. Reset the wifi settings and re-installed the camera connect app. The camera connects via bluetooth. It is able to find find the network. The next step is connect to network but this is where it freezes. Once it connects to the network it should be able to connect to the camera but it doesn't go beyond connect to network. Earlier, I had it set up to have the bluetooth connection enabled even when the camera is off. So, when I just opened the app and clicked on images on camera, the app would go through the sequence of connecting to the camera and show me all the pictures on the camera. Guess I need to talk to some one in tech support.

@Mark35mmF2 wrote:

Hey there,

Yes, it may be related to the iOS update so it would be a good idea to double check the WiFi settings but also it might help to reinstall Camera Connect. The installation process will ask you to enable some access and WiFi permissions that might resolve this issue for you as well.

I was able to connect using the app even after the ios13 update. I have tried everything. Reset the wifi settings and re-installed the camera connect app. The camera connects via bluetooth. It is able to find find the network. The next step is connect to network but this is where it freezes. Once it connects to the network it should be able to connect to the camera but it doesn't go beyond connect to network. Earlier, I had it set up to have the bluetooth connection enabled even when the camera is off. So, when I just opened the app and clicked on images on camera, the app would go through the sequence of connecting to the camera and show me all the pictures on the camera. Guess I need to talk to some one in tech support.

@Waddizzle wrote:

@mhanabe wrote:

Why do think it is not related to an iOS update?  Did it connect prior to the update?

Did you turn on your W-Fi hotspot in your phone?  Wi-Fi connections won’t work if you don’t enable it.  

What instructions are you following?  You say that it does not connect through Wi=Fi.  The Bluetooth is used to exchange data to configure the Wi-Fi.

Did you ever get this issue resolved for you? Have been researching because we have the same issue, and have seen a number of posts across all the different forums for different products with the same thing for iPhone with up to date iOS software and the Canon Connect app. Thanks!

mhanabe
Apprentice
No. I have not had a chance to call Canon support.
Announcements