Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Camera Shopping Question

Thank you for your input everyone, it is much appreciated!

Respected Contributor

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I generally don't get into the “mine's better than yours” contests on the forum but you seem determined to press me? First, everyone is entitled to their own opinions even if they are wrong.

Not what so ever, I'm sorry you always seem to interpret it that way.  My issue is that you always make these bold absolute statements yet you never support your statements with reasons or examples.  I provide a counter point, and you usually ignore it.  That's usually the nature of discussion, the back and forth, which seems the purpose of these chat forums.  Of course you’re entitled to your opinions; but all the same, on an open forum we’re entitled to provide counter points to advice that IMO is flat out wrong. 

Opinions are one thing: “The 7D is a great camera”  “The 7D is the best camera for a bird photographer”.  Even “The 7D is a better camera than the Rebel”.

I can’t argue those, those are your opinion.  And I agree with all those statements, with a caveat on the last one.  But when you say something like “there is no place where the Rebel line can compete with the 7D”.  That’s no longer an opinion, it’s an objective statement, and it’s wrong.  At least, in my opinion it is, hence I provide several examples where they are equal.  I would love to hear a counterpoint, but instead you just chalk it up to badgering and “mine is better than yours”.  Which is funny, because that’s what you’re saying, I’m saying they’re quite equal on several fronts.

VIP

"I’m saying they’re quite equal on several fronts."

And I am saying they are not. And that is where it ends. The OP is free to take which ever advice he/she wants.

I do not intend to get dragged into a back and forth with you.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

So I stopped at Costco and they had the 7D! I loved the size of it, and the bigger viewfinder seems really nice for composing shots. The burst rate felt ridiculous coming from the 3.7 of my t3i. I am satisfied with the IQ of the t3i, so I'm alright that the sensor on the 7D is the same. I think it will be my next camera, but I'm going to wait a while and hope a 7D mark 2 comes out to drive the price of the 7D down some more.