cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect won't connect to my M100

vikwik84
Apprentice

Hello,

Got a little M100 recently, specifically to send better pictures through to Instagram for my business. The Camera Connect system really sold it for me. Sadly, after playing with the camera for the last couple of days, I have an almost total faliure rate with connecting the camera to the Camera Connect. If I can't get it working smoothly and easily, I'll be returning this camera...a little help?

I have reinstalled the app and rebooted my phone and turned the camera on and off multiple times. When I rebooted my phone I could get a connection, but just the once. I can't imagine having to reboot my phone every time I want to grab photos off the camera.

I have added and deleted my studio's wifi network off the camera, and reset the camera's settings, several times. Wifi is set to 2.5g to get the camera to see the network.

Can I just use this camera with Bluetooth? I seem to be forced to pick a wifi network every time I try to connect the app? The camera won't even show up on Bluetooth half the time, I'm really not sure what's up. 

Thanks for the advice. The camera itself is great but without the smooth transition of those images to my iPhone it's not as useful as I thought it would be.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you have a copy of the Instruction Manual?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

You can download it from the above link.  You can also contact Canon Support, too, using the link.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I do and I've followed all the instructions....now I'm googling for useful advice. Thanks.

@vikwik84 wrote:

I do and I've followed all the instructions....now I'm googling for useful advice. Thanks.

There is a “Help Guide” at the link.  I suggest that you begin there.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements