cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect app not working with iPhone 11 Pro

Njh
Contributor

I’ve just bought a new iPhone Pro and no matter what I try I cannot connect my 80D to the Camera Connect app. My wifi settings show that the camera is connected but the easy connection guide continues to tell me that the camera is not connected. 

14 REPLIES 14

Esta é a maneira correta. Tive o mesmo problema com meu novo Iphone 11. Camera Connect conectado.

ChrisPBacon
Enthusiast

I've had similar experience and those few times I've had a stable connection with my iPhone 5, 6S, or 11, the app seemed unresponsive.

Chris P. Bacon
F-1; AE-1; EOS 1V, EOS-1D X Mark III, 5D Mk IV, 6D, 6D Mk II, 7D, and 7D Mk II; scads of Canon, Zeiss, and Sigma lenses.

flashgordon
Contributor

I'm having the same problem with connectivity with my iPhone and T7i.  It had worked fine previously but I've probably connected 100 times so far and every time it either says the connection failed or just drops off.  

I've spent literally hours on the phone with Canon tech support without any resolution.

It ocurred to me to try connecting to a different phone so I did that with the same result - failed! I initially thought it had to be the camera and in fact a Canon rep said I should send it in for repairs. After reading so many posts that others have similar problems though I decided that it can't be the camera.  

I then tried connecting to my computer and it worked flawlessly so the Camera's wifi/bluetooth transmitter must be fine.

I don't know what version IOS you're running but I have 13.3 and I think that may have someting to do with it.  For now, using Canon Camera Connect is not possible.

If you figure it out please share it with me and I'll be sure to do the same!

I have the same problem. The iphone has no problem connecting to the 5Dmk4, but then the camera is stuck waiting for the app to start. The strange thing is that the app says it it not connected to a camera, but also displays the camera WiFi :

Camera not connected

EOS5D-299_Canon0A

Ihave updated the camera firmware, deletedand reloaded the app, shut down and restarted the iphone I don't know how many times now ad the camera is just sitting on

Waiting to connect

Start Canon app/software on the smartphone

Is there a different app the Camera is expecting? I used to be able to connect with only occasional problems on my iphone 7

Njh
Contributor
I eventually reset the camera to factory settings getting rid of any trace of existing g connections and started again from scratch and it worked - I now have a relatively reliable wifi connection between my phone and camera
Announcements