cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect app not working with iPhone 11 Pro

Njh
Contributor

I’ve just bought a new iPhone Pro and no matter what I try I cannot connect my 80D to the Camera Connect app. My wifi settings show that the camera is connected but the easy connection guide continues to tell me that the camera is not connected. 

14 REPLIES 14

Tim
Authority

Hello Njh, 

There are some things that we would like to check.

First, in the iOS Wi-Fi settings

1. Go to Settings> Wi-Fi on the iOS device and touch the little blue "i" in a circle next to the camera's SSID (which should show connected, but may not).

2. Choose "Forget This Network".

3. Then, start from the beginning to re-establish a Wi-Fi connection between the iOS device and the camera.

The second part we would like to check is below.

At times, the Canon Camera Connect application for iOS may behave incorrectly when attempting to connect an iOS device to a camera via Wi-Fi. Deleting the app's saved state in the background can oftentimes correct this. This does not harm the app or the device and simply causes the app to launch with a default "state", which can eliminate many issues that prevent the app from connecting to the camera and performing correctly.

To delete the saved state for Canon Camera Connect, do one of the following:

On an iOS device with a Home Button (prior to the iPhone X):
Delete the app's saved state by double-clicking the home button, scroll through the saved states of the apps and find the Canon Camera Connect app, then swipe it up to delete it.
Re-launch the app.

On the iPhone

1. Swipe up from the bottom to the middle of your screen and hold until you see the App Switcher.

2. Swipe left or right to find the Camera Connect app.

3. Swipe up on the Camera Connect app to delete it's background saved state.

4. Re-launch the app.

NOTE: If the Canon Camera Connect app is not performing properly or the camera does not remain connected when attempting to connect with Canon Camera Connect, always attempt to delete the saved state of the app BEFORE uninstalling and re-installing the app and before doing a hard re-boot of the device. This should be troubleshooting step #1 when troubleshooting Canon Camera Connect.

We also recommended ensuring that your iOS device is updated to the latest version.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem on a new Iphone X with the new IOS. 

Ive a canon 5D MK IV. The wifi connect but the app sais that there is no camera conection. 

I tried with my old iphone 6  (I was using it till two months sgo) and work fine.

SoI guess the app hasa compatibility problem with the new IOS....

there is a solution or did you find something?

cheers

nico

No I haven't found a fix as yet as I am travelling  - will try again once I'm home and have the time (and stable internet) to follow it up with Canon.

Njh
Contributor
Thanks Tim but I had already tried all those steps and still nothing works. I can connect the camera to the point of seeing the wifi connection on the phone but when I go to the app it just won’t play ball - nothing happens and the camera is left saying it’s waiting to connect even though the phone has the connection ticked

Njh, 

We're sorry to hear the issue persists.  Given the extended issues that you have been having we would recommend calling our Customer Care Center for live, step by step assistance.

Please call 1-800-652-2666 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Our agents are available Monday through Friday, from 09:00 am to 09:00 pm and Saturdays from 09:00 am to 7:00 pm. All times EST, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Njh
Contributor
Unable to do that - am travelling overseas at the moment so have temporarily fixed the problem with a card reader. Will contact when able

otarakiwi
Apprentice
i had exactly the same problem and i cleared the settings on the camera wifi to factory setting and had to rename the camera and then a new password was made for the camera and i added the new password on my iPhone and now it works! i did go under wifi settings and select forget this network first. Before it was showing connected but 'low data mode'

Hey thanks - will give it a go now I'm not travelling. Will let you know how I go 😀

Njh
Contributor
Thank you - have managed to connect using your advice - 😀
Announcements