cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect + Speedlight

prosportal
Apprentice

When using Remote live view shooting via the Camera Connect app on my 6D Mark ii, the external flash won't fire. I believe this is because Live View is automatically enabled on the camera. Is there a way to enable the speedlight while in liveview?

4 REPLIES 4

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Are you using a non-Canon, non-ETTL flash?  Is the flash in the hotshoe? I am not sure if the Camera Connect app is causung your problem, but disabling "Silent Shooting" may help. 

All Canon cameras default to "Silent Shooting" in Live View, and this disables flash shooting.

Canon brand flash units, and many 3rd party ETTL flash units, will automatically "Disable'" Silent Shooting but many radio triggers and other flash units will not.

You might fix your problem by going into the "Silent LV shoot" menu and then selecting "Disable".

original.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Thanks for the response. I had read this somewhere else, but my camera doesn't have this option. 6D Mark ii

Your camera does have the option to disable Silent Shooting. Look on page 303-304 in the 6D Mk II Instruction Manual.

Mike Sowsun

Fridaysmakingme
Apprentice
I see this is an old post but I found a way to get my canon 6d mark ii to fire my speedlights

- Enter live view

- Go to menu

- Red -> 5 tab (will not appears not in live view mode)

- Silent shot or smg. (last option in 5th menu tab)
And Expo. Simulation

- turn it off/ disable

Announcements