cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect App - Not connecting with my new 70D camera

Lauren
Apprentice

Hello,

I need some help. I cannot connect my new 70D camera with my Samsung S6 android device version 6.0.1 using the Camera Connect app. 

My phone has no problem connecting to my camera's wi-fi but the app will not connect. I go through all the steps in the easy connection guide setup on the camera connect app but it just doesnt progress any further than selecting the wifi.

I have tried both camera access point mode and infrastructure mode but doesnt change it. 

Quite annoying as i was relying on having this function work to transfer photos. Please provide some tips on what will make it work.

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello Lauren, 

If the previous password is still registered in the smartphone settings, the Wi-Fi may not be established correctly. In that case, on the smartphone's Wi-Fi settings screen, delete the connection settings for the camera and enter the connection settings again. This should resolve any issues and allow the camera to reconnect with the software.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

aa109899
Apprentice

Dear All, Recently I have upgraded my 5D4 firmware to 1.1.2 and my android Samsung Note8 system to 8.0, however, before these upgrading, the Canon Camera Connect (CCC) was working perfectly (both live view and downloading pictures), and now becoming disconnection no matter via NFC or Wifi mode. Is there anyone suffering the same situation? Please if the Canon Official App team notice relative problems may speed up the correction of fixing the bugs. Many thanks!

@aa109899 wrote:

Dear All, Recently I have upgraded my 5D4 firmware to 1.1.2 and my android Samsung Note8 system to 8.0, however, before these upgrading, the Canon Camera Connect (CCC) was working perfectly (both live view and downloading pictures), and now becoming disconnection no matter via NFC or Wifi mode. Is there anyone suffering the same situation? Please if the Canon Official App team notice relative problems may speed up the correction of fixing the bugs. Many thanks!

Your issue is similar to one I have heard from a dozen others. Samsung performed an OS update, and now their phones are malfunctioning.  The fix is to reboot your phone a 2-3 times.  Turn it off for several seconds, and then turn it back on, wait a few minutes, and do it again.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

aa109899
Apprentice
Thank you for sharing this message, I will try it.
Announcements