cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS Support for CR3 Files from EOS 90D

chief
Rising Star

Just got a 90d yesterday and took first images today. I use a Macbook Pro/Photos for my library, and sometimes Lightroom. Photoshop, Topaz and Luminar to edit, just depending on the image. All are up to date with latest version. Canon has a new file format CR3. All my other cameras, 80D,6D, 6D Mll, T4i are in CR2 file format. So now Canon has introduced CR3 which I quess has been around for a short while.The CR3 ffile format will not import into any of these programs. After hours on phone with Canon and Apple they blame each other. Apple says they were caught off guard by new file format and have no idea when an upgrade will be availble. This is pretty frustrating. So now I have to use the Canon program for editing which I have tried before and do not care for at all. It is like Aperture Lite. Anybody else dealing with this?  My work around is to download files from Canon program to a folder as jpeg then import into Photos, Lightroom etc. but that kinda defeats the purpose of shooting in RAW.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

diverhank
Authority

For LR  version 8.4 supports it. For PS, download and install ACR 11.4.  

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

diverhank
Authority

For LR  version 8.4 supports it. For PS, download and install ACR 11.4.  

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

diverhank, thanks a bunch that did it, still pretty crazy that Apple is so far behind

@chief wrote:

diverhank, thanks a bunch that did it, still pretty crazy that Apple is so far behind

Write to Canon to openly release the specification of their CR3 format.

It is not the CR3, it is the 90D. Apple is always a few months behind with RAW support, and they stopped doing incremental upgrades. I would guess that Catalina will support it.

can you still use bridge?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Apple is a year late. The EOS R uses CR3 files, too. That’s why Adobe is ready to go.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP
The R is already supported by Apple, too
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements