cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS Canada Damaged 1DX - Warning

1Dxer
Apprentice

UPDATE:

CPS called me this morning and informed me they will work with me to rectify the situation somehow. 

Thank you all for the support and comments. 

11 REPLIES 11

ezpop
Rising Star

Looks like that there are a lot of deatils in the Canon Rumours with pics and responses.

Kind of scary about sending Canon camera and lenses to that particular local service center for maintenance.

Do something, Canon Canada. Do not disappoint your Canon fans in Ontario.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I read the blow-by-blow on CanonRumors and agree... that's really awful service.

I am a bit astonished that after they finally replaced all the damaged body panels that removed your screen protector and scratched up the LCD screen and THEN... treated you like you did that.

Using rational thinking... we can apply the well-regarded Occam's Razor, which states that among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

So what's more likely:  

(a) After FINALLY getting Canon to repair all the body damage YOU removed the screen protector and scratched the screen, or

(b) Canon Factor Service in Canada (whom we know has managed to damage the camera a little more with every single visit to date) did not take proper precautions to prevent even more damage and... did it yet again?

At this point any rational thinking person would so obviously latch on to "b" that you basically have the right to strip off the screen protector and deliberately have at it with a piece of sandpaper and they STILL OWE you a new screen.  Canon isn't entitled to any "benefit of the doubt" at this point... and you are.

Canon needs to escalate this to an executive and they should not only make all repairs, but they should also go a significant step further and offer you something by way of apology to compensate you for all the hassle they've put you through (minimally your "platinum" CPS membership fee should be waived and extended several years.).  I would consider that a minimum "make nice" remedy.

Canon service in the US has a fairly solid reputation and the vast majority of people who need to send a product in for service are happy with the quality of the returned product.  I can certainly understand that service can never be "100%" but in the case where something goes wrong, extra attention needs to be applied to remedy the issue.  It sounds as if that didn't happen.  Considering the number of trips this camera has had to make to Canon service, it seems indicative of a "systemic problem" at their repair facility.  That, unfortunately, suggests that there's a whole chain of failure at Canon service in Canada (I doubt this is a "one person" problem at their repair facility.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Agreed totally with TCambell's comment.

The Manager in charged of the department in that particular area seems to have too short time in his position (a few months) I guess he need to work harder with his technicians to sort things out.

1Dxer
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

Thank you again for the support. To be perfectly blunt, this whole situation has been very time consuming and emotionally draining. While I try not to get too emotional over equipment and consumer products, in this particular case it's hard to remain calm, cool and collected. 

Do not restrict your complaint just to Canon Canada. I would suggest you to send all your communications with Canon Canada and copy of document to Canon, North America and the Japan HQ. Someone in the very Senior level gotta look after their fanboys.

Justice must be done in this case. The next step will be legal action.

Good luck.

Hi ezpop,

Thanks for your replies.

good to hear some progress

@ezpop wrote:

Do not restrict your complaint just to Canon Canada. I would suggest you to send all your communications with Canon Canada and copy of document to Canon, North America and the Japan HQ. Someone in the very Senior level gotta look after their fanboys.

Justice must be done in this case. The next step will be legal action.

Good luck.

Note that if legal action were to ensue, Canada's system of justice would try to ensure that the case is adjudicated by a judge or jury that has heard both sides of the argument. Unlike us, who have heard only one side.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

They should give you a new 1Dx.  You are not the first person I have run into that has problems with Canon Canada.

I doubt I would ever join CPS in Canada.  This is certainly bad press for Canon.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements