cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COLOR SHIFT

jlbridges
Apprentice

I shoot with Canon 1D MarkIII and 5D MarkIII. I shoot dog performance action indoor low light - totally manual. I set the shutter, aperture, kelvin - all manual. There are several different color lights in the arenas but even when a dog is on the same obstacle under the same light I am still getting a color shift from red hues to green hues in sequence - from one frame to the next.  Even the exposure shifts. So when I offer all images on a CD I have to color and exposure correct every image which sometimes can be more than 100 images. I just can't do that. This also happens at dusk in under cover arenas when they have to turn the lights on. I never have this problem outside. I almost always set my kelvin manually. I don't use presets. I have a friend who shoots Nikon and she isn't aware of this kind of issue. Is this a Canon thing or is it me?

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
I'm no expert, but I suspect that you might be seeing the effects of flickering light from mulitple sources in the arena. The lights are probably flickering at AC line frequencies, but different sets of lights could be on different phases of line voltages.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements