cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CF-SD Adapter 5DM3 ??

drdimento
Contributor

I am considering buying a 5DM3 to compliment a 6D and want to use only SD cards in the Compact Flash slot.

Can a Compact Flash to SD Card adapter be used if the SD cards are SanDisk Class 10 cards like I use on my HD XA20 and G20 cams?

Here is the adapter I am considering SD CARD ADAPTER

Thanks in advance for those who respond.

What, me worry?
11 REPLIES 11

i think i've learned what i need to know.  the 6D in many ways seems to be slightly ahead of the 5DM3 in features but short of the things that are less necessary to me.  moreover, now i know i can sell my 7D and will get to get rid of all my CF cards and that way have only one card (SD) for all my camera needs (video and photo)

What, me worry?

Further to my last post, I've decided that I'm going with an SD Card only camera.  From all that I've been looking at, SD Cards appear to be here to stay; are inexpensive; the lack of pins maybe are safer; and, seems all the "newer" model cameras are all using SD Card.  If anyone is looking for any, check out my autions on Ebay, selling all my Compact Flash cards and my last Compact Flash camera.  🙂

Will be going with the Canon 6D or whatever is announced at NAB as the next generation DSLR 🙂

What, me worry?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements