cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C1 and C2 Mode

charmingnerd
Apprentice

I like the idea of storing settings in C1 and C2, but It seems as though I do not have Manual control over shutter speed and aperture in these modes. It acts as if it is in P mode. Is that correct? So I can't have manual mode and settings recall at the same time?

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, charmingnerd!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which camera model you're using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and midnight ET (5 AM to 9 PM PT) and Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM ET (7 AM to 5 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry. I didn't think it would matter much because I know those modes are on multiple cameras. 

I am reffering to the 6D.

Custom mode should behave like Manual mode where you can adjust any setting you want. 6D gives you the option of AUTO UPDATE (or not). If auto update is turned on, whatever you change in  C mode will be registered automatically as a new setting. If auto update is OFF, then whatever you change will not be saved and the camera is always revert back to your original settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

It works now that I have registered my settings. Before I set them, it was changing shutter speed and aperature for me when I changed one or the other. 

One other thing I am noticing is that it reverts to the registered settings after the camera goes into standby every 1 minute. Which means I have to reset my exposure. So I guess I just need to change my auto power off settings. It is a very nice feature, though. 

It reverts back because you have AUTO UPDATE turns OFF. Turn ON AUTO UPDATE in the Custom Mode setting menu and it will keep the change.

Also Custom mode keeps other settings also. So make sure to check all settings that can potentially change your aperture/shutter speed/iso such as Av Safety Shift, Auto ISO, etc.

The best way to set Custom option is turning the dial to M, then set the ISO/Aperture/Shutter Speed to the value desired. Then set all the live view options, focus options, and other options to fit your shooting requirement. After you're happy with everything in the manual mode, go to the Custom Setting and REGISTER it to C1 while the dial is still in Manual mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Yeah, I was hesitant to use the auto update becuase I like the idea of it resetting most of the settings, but I didn't realize it would reset the shutter speed, ISO and aperature. Anyway, I know how it works know so I can work around it. 

Thanks

Announcements