cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C1, C2, C3, etc

ralphfedor
Apprentice

I recently purchased a 5D Mark III, and am trying to follow the manual --- but can't seem to make this work.

I'd like to use the C1 mode to quickly jump to landscape shooting with:  Landscape Picture Style,  Av,  Multiple Images  with AEB with three images,  ISO-100, etc.  

I can set these parameters on my camera, but can't seem to get them registered in C1.  What am I doing wrong?  Can I even do this?

Thanks --

Ralph

2 REPLIES 2

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Yes.  

1)  Ignore the C1, C2, & C3 on the mode dial for the moment and set up the camera the way you want ... as if you don't even have the custom modes.  

E.g. set it to Av mode, select the JPEG option to save your images (though for landscapes you really should only use RAW due to the wide dynamic range and need for image adjustment on the computer), select the picture style you want, the shoot drive mode you want, the focus mode you want, etc. etc.

2)  Press "Menu" and use the front dial to navigate to Gold Wrench page 4 where you will see "Custom shooting mode (C1-C3)" as the menu choice.

3)  Select "Custom shooting mode (C1-C3)" then select "Register settings" then select which custom dial choice you want to use (C1, C2, or C3).  It will prompt you to confirm you selection.

That's it... you're done.

Suppose you saved this to C1.   Your mode dial is still on Av mode (in this example) and you could change anything you want. But if you rotate the mode dial to C1, you'll find that it says "C1" (with a tiny "Av" next to the C1 on the screen) and that all of your choices... image type option, picture style choice, etc. etc. are all whatever they were when you saved everything to C1.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thanks, Tim ---

This is working now with one exception.  If I program Mirror Lock-Up (along with other settings, including AEB)  in my Av mode and then register these in the C1 mode, the camera hangs up in C1 and only "thumps" once --- no sequence of images.  If I take Mirror Lock-Up out, so it does not get to C1, then everything seems to be OK and I get the normal AEB series of images in C1.

Any thoughs?

Ralph

Announcements