cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burnt pixels in LED view finder in EOS R

sivamanie
Contributor

I see a few 3-4 burning green-red LED spots in the viewfinder screen when I turn on the camera with the lens cap on. I don't see them when I remove the lens cap.  Although I cannot see it in the pictures, it still keeps bothering me if I bought a defective camera.  When I wrote to the dealer, he said its common to have it as along as it doesnt show in the picture it is fine.  Does any others have this issue with the mirrorless models? 

10 REPLIES 10

DigiBill
Contributor

Suggest you contact Canon Customer Support.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The camera has a 1 yr warranty.  +1 contact Canon. 

Dead pixels do happen, but are not common place.  A dealer who states so probably didn't deserve your business in the first place. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"Dead pixels do happen, but are not common place."

These would be 'hot' pixels if they glow red or green. Dead pixels are black. While they may not be common they are not uncommon.  But I wouldn't be happy if my brand new camera had some.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

There is another pixel problem, the stuck pixel. There colors can be red, green, blue or any combination.  Unlike dead or hot pixels, stuck pixels do not change their color.  Stuck pixels are very common, but not permanent like dead or hot pixels.

They might disappear or go away by themselves overtime.

EB

Yes these are stuck pixels read and green.

Yes you are correct.  What I have is hot pixels green and a red one.  

sivamanie
Contributor
Returned back to the dealer and waiting for the replacement. Will update when I receive the new replacement camera.

Got back a new camera! problem solved.

Smiley Happy  Happy holidays.

EB
Announcements