cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulb timer using cables shutter release on EOS R.

Rustyg
Apprentice
Does the EOS R have a visible timer display when using a cable shutter release? My old T3i did. I know it has a built in bulb timer, but I find it faster just pressing and holding a shutter release and seeing the exposure time on the LCD screen.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rustyg
Apprentice
I found it does have a timer. It's on the top LCD screen. Being used to a T3i, I never even looked there.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Good question.  I do not have an EOS R, but all of my cameras display a Bulb time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

hsbn
Whiz

It does. But in EOS R, you can set the bulk timer to any duration you like. It will count-down for you. Pretty cool.

Or you can touch the screen to start bulk-capturing, it will give you a timer. Touch the screen again to stop. It's much better than cable release.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Rustyg
Apprentice
Wouldn't that introduce shake, thus ruining a long exposure?

Only if you touch it really hard. I flipped the LCD on its side and touch it slightly. No camera shake at all. Way better than holding down the shutter release in your T3.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Rustyg
Apprentice
I found it does have a timer. It's on the top LCD screen. Being used to a T3i, I never even looked there.
Announcements