Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Bulb timer using cables shutter release on EOS R.

Does the EOS R have a visible timer display when using a cable shutter release? My old T3i did. I know it has a built in bulb timer, but I find it faster just pressing and holding a shutter release and seeing the exposure time on the LCD screen.
VIP

Re: Bulb timer using cables shutter release on EOS R.

Good question.  I do not have an EOS R, but all of my cameras display a Bulb time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Reputable Contributor

[ Edited ]

It does. But in EOS R, you can set the bulk timer to any duration you like. It will count-down for you. Pretty cool.

Or you can touch the screen to start bulk-capturing, it will give you a timer. Touch the screen again to stop. It's much better than cable release.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
New Contributor

Wouldn't that introduce shake, thus ruining a long exposure?
New Contributor

I found it does have a timer. It's on the top LCD screen. Being used to a T3i, I never even looked there.
Reputable Contributor

Only if you touch it really hard. I flipped the LCD on its side and touch it slightly. No camera shake at all. Way better than holding down the shutter release in your T3.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide