cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget

david2002
Contributor

Hi Guys, can you tell me please what is the difference between a budget 400$ DSLR and a 1000 one? Which one should I choose for high quality images??? 

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Hard to say.

Generally you will get more features but whether any particular feature is important to you...

You will generally get more pixels, but probably not enough to matter very much.

You probably get better autofocus which is pretty good.

Actually at the 400-$1000 level - and you should really mention specific cameras - lenses and technique are probably much more important than cameras. For a long time all Canon sub $1000 dollar cameras used the exact same 18MP sensor.

Thank u dude!

I agree with the other posters, if you have to ask go with the less expensive one.

Consider this insanely good deal. 

EOS Rebel SL1 with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens Kit Black Refurbished $329.99

It even comes with a lens with great image quality so you wont have to replace it. 

@david2002 wrote:

Hi Guys, can you tell me please what is the difference between a budget 400$ DSLR and a 1000 one? Which one should I choose for high quality images??? 

If you have to ask, you should choose the cheaper one. No, I'm not being facetious; if you're a newbie and have a given amount of money to spend, use what you save on the cheaper camera to get a better lens. When you're ready to upgrade, you'll know it; and if you're lucky and have played your cards right, the lens may be good enough to come with you.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks man!

david2002
Contributor
Thanks men! 😉

Here's a Canon refurbed T5 two lens kit for $310!

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-rebel-t5-ef-s-18-55mm-is-ii-kit---ef-75-300mm-f-4-56-...

There's nothing wrong with the SL1 that I'm aware of. But it is a small camera when compared to most standard sized DSLRs. They feel a bit cramped in my hands. Even the T series caneras seemed a bit small to me when I opted for the 60D. At any rate you need to actually get these cameras in your own hands to find somthing you're comfortable with using. Otherwise it's not much of a bargain if you don't enjoy using it. Smiley Wink

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think it will take you much longer to outgrow this combo, 70D and 18-135mm lens.  It's great for video.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-70d-18-135mm-is-stm-kit-refurbished

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements