cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both my cameras have started mixing up files on LR5 cc import on mac. Cant sort by any order option

livingshasta
Contributor

Not long ago both of my cameras, 5d mark ii and the 7d started having problems with files.  When i import to lightroom 5 they come in all mixed up.  I cant sort them by name, capture time or even added order.  This is HORRIBLE because it has completely sabotoged being able to sync settings between poses on senior portrait and family shoots and even worse on sports when a series of images (like catching a football) is supposed to be together.  A few weeks ago I updated the firmware on both.  Still happening.  The only recent changes ive made are switching to lightroom cc and I ordered 4 32 gig cf cards to replace my 16 gig cards.  On the 7d i did a total camera reset and i went back to shooting on the 16 gig cards.  Neither has helped 😞   Someone please help.  I will call cannon tomorrow but thought i would start here tonight.  Ty, KA www.livingshastaphotography.com

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
You have a LR preset wrong?
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I got the workaround figured out by reading the second page of posts on this topic.  My preset worked fine for me for the last 7 years using lightroom,  but I had to stop renaming the files and just use original file numbers with custom name.  I have used LR for years the same way and started having problems after upgrading to mac yosimitee and LR cc around the same time.  Wish I would have found this a month earlier though 😞  KA

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@livingshasta wrote:

Not long ago both of my cameras, 5d mark ii and the 7d started having problems with files.  When i import to lightroom 5 they come in all mixed up.  I cant sort them by name, capture time or even added order.  This is HORRIBLE because it has completely sabotoged being able to sync settings between poses on senior portrait and family shoots and even worse on sports when a series of images (like catching a football) is supposed to be together.  A few weeks ago I updated the firmware on both.  Still happening.  The only recent changes ive made are switching to lightroom cc and I ordered 4 32 gig cf cards to replace my 16 gig cards.  On the 7d i did a total camera reset and i went back to shooting on the 16 gig cards.  Neither has helped 😞   Someone please help.  I will call cannon tomorrow but thought i would start here tonight.  Ty, KA www.livingshastaphotography.com

Are you renaming the photos on import to LightRoom?

Others here have reported that causes Lightroom to mess up the order of the photos. 

Yes thankyou. I got the workaround figured out by reading the second page of posts on this topic.  And like you said I had to stop renaming the files and just use original file numbers with custom name.  I have used LR for years the same way and started having problems after upgrading to mac yosimitee and LR cc around the same time.  Wish I would have found this a month earlier though 😞  KA

livingshasta
Contributor

I got it figured out by reading the second page of posts on this topic.  Thankyou for the work around.  Ive used LR for years the same way and started having problems after upgrading to mac yosimitee and LR cc.  Wish I would have found this a month earlier though 😞  KA

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I think this is a bug in Lightroom -- this has happened to me.

I normally have it sort by "capture time" so the images should appear in the order in which they were taken... but I'll notice a lot of out-of-order images when I do that.  It does not seem to happen all the time.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

It is so strange how it just all of a sudden started.  And even wierder that some of them were importing in upside down lol.  What the hell.  🙂  Oh well.  Thankful for the work around!  KA

Announcements