cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank LCD screen on my Cannon EOS 5DMK III

butzee
Apprentice

Yesterday whilst viewing images my LCD screen went blank meaning i could not view images or change settings as nothing appears!! Anyone had anything similar happen and if so what was the outcome, im thinking i may have knocked something or pressed something i shouldnt have??? Confused!!

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Did you mean, no menus will show up at all?  You can try a Clear all settings, or remove both batteries for a while, to revert back to defaults but if nothing at all will show, it is going to have to go to Canon.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Skirball
Authority

You probably just pushed the "Info" button, upper right of screen.

stockbrokers
Apprentice

First to have to sure that is the problem of device is in the hardware or in the software. If is this a software problem may be it is solve by rebooting it.

Its gone to cannon,lets hope its nothing too serious 😕

That is where it belongs.  it wasn't a button you accidentially pushed! Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
The only "normal" reason that the screen will blank when the camera is powered on is if you use the "info" button to cycle the display to remain dark. Each time you press "info" (when not reviewing an image) will change what the LCD screen displays... it cycles through several options, but one option is to just remain dark.

If pressing the "info" button again doesn't change it to the next mode where it's displaying something else, then likely there's more to the problem then just a setting.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements