Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Best simple Canon for video with external radio mic?

Hi there, 

I'm looking for recommendations for a Canon to shoot video predominantly and that can take an external radio / lapel mic? It's for a college that wants to set up a video corner, with kit all the staff can use, hence wanting something straightforward. 

Any help much appreciated,

Thank you.

Kath  

Honored Contributor

Re: Best simple Canon for video with external radio mic?

If your primary interest is a video camera, then buy a camcorder, either a consumer or professional grade model.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Thank you... 

... I did wonder about that, but it's just for social media ( ie doesn't need to be phenomenal quality), and they could really do with being able to shoot stills too...hence my wondering! 

Honored Contributor

Buy a camcorder and a camera.  Consumer grade DSLRs are not suitable for use as video cameras.  They overheat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Thank you.... Much appreciated!