cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beep in 1DX mkii

Malco
Apprentice

Not a big problem, but the beep doesn't work in my 1DX Mk ii

I have the beep enabled and drive is set to one shot.

I just got the camera and I updated to the latest firmware.

Mal

5 REPLIES 5

diverhank
Authority

You might want to make sure the option is set for each of the modes you will use...they are independently remembered for each mode (e.g. Av would have a different set than Tv, or M, etc.).

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

I checked it out the beep is set to on. The camera focuses properly , the green light comes on and the AF in the lower right cornor is on, but no beep.

I just got my 1DXM2 also and it came with firmware V 1.13 which I haven't upgraded to 1.14 yet.  I checked and the beep does work on mine but I turned it back off because I don't like the camera beeping at me.

Maybe someone else who has upgraded the firmware to 1.14 can comment whether this is a glitch with that version. I downloaded the 1.14 update to my PCand will probabably install it after shooting a soccer game tomorrow night however if it has "glitches" then I will hold off until 1.15.  My only issue with the camera is connect time is a little slow using the gigabit LAN connector but that may not be just the camera issue; it takes up to about 45 seconds to connect after the LAN connection is enabled but then file transfer is very fast.

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@wq9nsc wrote:

Maybe someone else who has upgraded the firmware to 1.14 can comment whether this is a glitch with that version. I downloaded the 1.14 update to my PCand will probabably install it after shooting a soccer game tomorrow night however if it has "glitches" then I will hold off until 1.15.  My only issue with the camera is connect time is a little slow using the gigabit LAN connector but that may not be just the camera issue; it takes up to about 45 seconds to connect after the LAN connection is enabled but then file transfer is very fast.

I upgraded my firmware to 1.14 and the beep still works fine.  I turned it off for a while, then turned it back on, and it is working as designed.  For me, when "little" things like that seem to be a problem on a $5400 purchase, I tend to want to get it looked at immediately as I worry about other things that may be wrong as well.  I'd have Canon look at it.  

I e-mailed Canon I will wait and see what they say.

Announcements