Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Battery life 6d Mark II

I had 6D 1 one month ago and no problem with battery. LCD using normally in wedding work. I can't take 1200 shoot (6D2), maybe 200 photos only. I'm thinking about battery, something is wrong, buy new one and test both.
Occasional Contributor

I have a battery grip (two batteries) and that is better than one battery.  I would urge you to download the article I mentioned by Grant Atkinson.  He mentions lots of settings that can be made which will increase battery life.  I haven't found such an extensive list of possible changes in my Internet searching.  Hopefully this helps.

Lynnea

Honored Contributor

@Lynnea1941wrote:

I have a battery grip (two batteries) and that is better than one battery.  I would urge you to download the article I mentioned by Grant Atkinson.  He mentions lots of settings that can be made which will increase battery life.  I haven't found such an extensive list of possible changes in my Internet searching.  Hopefully this helps.

Lynnea

Or just bring along a couple of spares. It takes less than ten seconds to change a camera battery.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA